The SDK Responsibility Model
The SDK Responsibility Model provides you with guidance on which aspects of your commercial insurance quoting experience you manage yourself and which are managed for you when developing on top of the Bold Penguin platform.
Bold Penguin Responsibilities
Bold Penguin manages the security, availability, maintenance, and proper operation of the quoting platform.
- Carrier enrollments and the corresponding question sets
- Question order
- Question visibility logic based on user input
- Mapping user-supplied answers to backend carrier systems
- Event-based webhooks to notify subscribers of changes in application state
- Rule-based workflows for risks deemed as DNQ or out-of-appetite
- The availability of test and production environments.
- The development and maintenance of the SDK itself
- Distribution of the client libraries and relevant documentation.
You are responsible for the customer-specific branding, extensions, look and feel, and hosting of your application.
- The development and operation of your experience
- Infrastructure hosting
- Software development
- Application deployment
- The look & feel of your experience, including any aesthetic or customer-specific functional changes
- The integration of the SDK into your codebase
- Securing client-specific keys
- Staying up-to-date with current releases of the SDK
- Honoring the backend logic and any platform-side business rules
- DNQ results
- Question/Question Set ordering
- Question visibility
How to use our Web Components
Please contact your account team for information on accessing our secured SDK Web Component documentation.